Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And Off We Go!



On the Crawl- Christmas Day at the Beach House
 
My prediction came true. My little man began creeping/crawling (he does a nice combo) by Christmas! On 23 December Lachlan decided to take his first consecutive series of forward creeps. He was very excited as was I! After all there is only so much frustration a little bub can take. He had been trying for so long, gave up for awhile, mastered pulling himself up and then decided he would have a go at it again. I really thought he might just bypass the creeps and go straight to walking as he has started to cruise along the furniture. He has his own plans though, as I find most babies do and decided that he wouldn't take the easy way out for him. I like his personality already! Of course he is everywhere now. Climbing over pillows, looking for chords to pull and something to tip over. We pretty much had everything baby proofed but babies have a way of showing you exactly what else needs to go into hiding for awhile. The plant stand found a new home in the laundry room and the stereo is now out of reach; minor disturbances considering I am now getting my floors dust mopped for free. If only I can teach him to get in those hard to reach corners....

No comments:

Post a Comment