Thursday, July 21, 2011

And from the ground, grew a seed...

A happy moment for our little Lachlan. On day 14 of our seed planting we had a wonderful surprise...



It was a rainy and misty morning so Lachlan and I put on our gumboots and opened the front door to check on his pot. Like every other morning, he rushed over to the pot hoping the fruits of his labour would have sprouted. Tpday he leaned over to catch a glimpse and he was silent for a moment. I big smile filled up us face and then he finally said, "Woooooooooo!" and clasped his hands together in excitement.

"What is it?" I asked. "It's a fow-er, mommy!" He began pointing to the sky. "It gonna grow up big and tall like a twee!" He continued to ramble on with so much excitement I only caught few words; something about watering it and high as the sky. Now that his pea seedling is a real tangible thing, I'm sure he was envisioning it growing up to the clouds; perhaps to climb and find treasures galore and battle giants. The rain began up again so we had to go inside. Lachlan continued to talk about his seedling an occasionally ran to the front widow to look at it (the reason it is growing in the front of the house in a pot and not in our veggie garden. He can sit and look at it from this spot whenever he'd like)

So we'll keep on keepin' track of the seedling. Only one of the four up thus far. I'm thankful for the one. Lachlan was drowning the poor things with water I thought they'd never sprout! I was already thinking of way to secretly swap out the duds with a dummy! Thankfully it didn't come to that because if I had to I would. After all, a mommy's got to do what a mommy's got to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment