Monday, September 14, 2009

The Wean Machine





Yes, you heard me right. The Wean Machine. Click here to check it out! I was gathering some links on BPA products for a friend and I came across this nifty little gadget. If your bub has begun solids this might be a handy utensil to have around; especially to keep in the nappy (or diaper, for my fellow Americans) bag. It mashes food to a consistency appropriate for you bub. It is portable, comes with a spoon and best of all...It is BPA-Free. Better yet, they actually sell it in Australia now and the price is quite reasonable for something you might actually use everyday. The sellers even have a since of humor, warning that it is not suitable to mash chicken wings or T-bone steaks. I suppose they need to speak in terms that even neanderthals will understand.

I will probably have a think about purchasing this for Lachlan. It is one of those things that I can see the convenience- I don't like to lug around spoons and a fork to mash with and then the bowl and a baggy to keep it all in so it doesn't get sticky goo all over your bag. At the same time I think, is my life so busy that I can't stop for a minute and mash my bubs banana by hand. Do I really need an over-sized garlic press to do so? But hey, it does look snazzy and since I usually wear spit up on my clothes, I don't even bother to snaz up my outfits these days. Perhaps this is just the accessory I need to impress my fellow moms at play group...

If you have the almighty Wean Machine, tell us about it. If not what do you think, is it worth it or are we a society obsessed with finding a short cut for everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment