Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Lion, the Witch and the Sushi

What do a lion and sushi have in common? Well, they both just sound absolutely adorable coming out of Lachlan's mouth. Lachlan is on this new kick; every time he hears the word lion he graces us with a cute little "Rooaar!" When he began doing this several weeks ago he sounded more like a lion cub with a hairball. I can proudly say that tonight he demonstrated much more gusto to his roar. This was prompted while reading Olivia's Opposites book. We turned to the page with 'quiet' and 'loud.' Perhaps Lachlan has learned how to read and finally realised his roar should be loud (okay, I'm dreaming) because as soon as he saw the lion he stopped a moment. Looked up at me with this look that said; 'I'm gathering up all my energy for this one' and before I knew it he sounded like the king of the jungle. We both began crawling on our hands and knees around his room roaring at one another. We were having so much fun that daddy decided to join in to. We were one happy Pride; mommy, daddy and our little lion cub.

We have also figured out that little lion cubs love sushi. Who would have thought? Lachlan gobbles it up and before you can say, 'nori' he's asking for another roll. I will add that he hasn't had proper raw sushi, it is the tuna rolls with avocado. I haven't braved giving him the good stuff yet, but he doesn't know the difference; whatever it is, it is manna to him. Yesterday he and I were on our way to go shopping and we were running behind schedule so I figured I'd feed him while we were out. I always like to talk to Lachlan in the car about where we are going and what we are doing. I kept mentioning that we were going to go get some sushi. "Remember, baby? You like sushi. I think it might be your favourite--sushi!" As we got out of the car and I buckled him in his stroller I said, "Here we go, off to get Baby Lachlan's sushi!" I was surprised by this little voice that responded--"she-she." I stopped and looked at him and said, "Yes, Lachlan--sushi!"...."'she-she" he repeated.I was so excited that he learned a new word. I was jumping up and down saying "Sushi, sushi we are getting sushi!" The people in the parking deck were looking at my like I was on drugs. I just smiled at them and said, "We're getting sushi." Lachlan and I walked into the mall and "she-she-ed" our way all the way to the sushi bar. I order my little baby his sushi. It was manna. He was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment